“So you mean to tell me I can wear flats or UGGS to the gym and THEN change into cozy socks to work out?…SOLD” This was my first reaction when I tried Barre for the first time a few years ago. But don’t let the cute stretches and subtle body tucking fool you, that first class was intense!
I was sore in places I didn’t know existed and contemplated walking out mid session. However, it’s now my favorite workout hands down!
Now, I’m not gonna lie to you. I have not been to a Barre class in months. But with beginning of the year specials, I’m definitely starting up again in a few days! At times it feels intimidating to get back into a routine in front of others when you’ve still got that holiday “pooch”. But these DYI leggings suck everything in just right and I swear make you look and feel 10 pounds leaner!
Pure Barre is the studio I’ve used but there are others all over Dallas and the U.S. Here are a couple of other big ones.
I’ve put together a weather friendly look using the following 6 pieces for transitioning into Spring…
1. LIGHT KNITS: This cozy turtleneck is just the right amount of warm for crisp mornings and nights. Then its hint of grey and light knit helps you stay comfy once mid day sun appears.
2. LEATHER-LIKE PANTS: I love how these Spanx leggings give the look of leather while actually being a breathable latex.
3. GOLD JEWELRY: Trade silver accessories for gold or mix in a few pieces, if silver is your primary metal of choice.
4. SUEDE FOOTWEAR: These Aminah Abdul sandals mix Spring friendly gold studs with that soft suede we’re still loving from winter.
5. STATEMENT SUNGLASSES: Mirrored aviators reflect gorgeous colors of the changing season and add that instant level of coolness!
6. PINK LIPSTICK: Last but not least… When in doubt add a pop of bright pink to your lips! It’s amazing how this little bit of color helped catapult my winter into Spring!